Hi, welcome to my website. I am a computer engineering PhD student at Boston University. I am currently working on performance problems in cloud computing. My research involves monitoring, performance analytics, online experimentation, distributed tracing.
- M. Toslali, S. Parthasarathy, F. Oliveira, H. Huang, A. Coskun, “Iter8: Online Experimentation in the Cloud”. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC ’21)
- M. Toslali, E. Ates, A. Ellis, Z. Zhang, D. Huye, L. Liu, S. Puterman, A.K. Coskun, R.R. Sambasivan, “Automating instrumentation choices for performance problems in distributed applications with VAIF”. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC ’21).
- M. Toslali, S. Parthasarathy, F. Oliveira, A. Coskun, “JACKPOT: Online experimentation of Cloud Microservices”. In 12th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud ’20).
- E. Ates, L. Sturmann, M. Toslali, O. Krieger, R. Megginson, A.K. Coskun, R.R. Sambasivan, “An automated, cross-layer instrumentation framework for diagnosing performance problems in distributed applications”. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC ’19).
- PeacLab, Boston University, Research Assistant [Sept 2018 - Present]
- IBM T.J.Watson, Research Intern [May 2021 - Aug 2021]
- IBM T.J.Watson, Research Intern [June 2020 - Sept 2020]
- IBM T.J.Watson, Research Intern [May 2019 - Aug 2019]
- Bilkent University, Research Assistant [Dec 2014 - July 2015]
- CyanGate, Full Stack Software Developer [Jan 2018 - July 2018]
- OpsGenie-Atlassian, Software Engineer [July 2017 - Dec 2017]
- Turkcell, Software R&D Engineer [July 2016 - July 2017]
- Seneka, Software Engineer [Sept 2015 - July 2016]
- Turkcell, Software Engineer Intern [July 2015 - Sept 2016]
- Gate Electronic, Software Engineer Intern [July 2014 - Sept 2014]
- Bilkent University, Teaching Assistant [Sept 2012 – July 2014]
Boston University Sept 2018 - Present
- Ph.D. Computer Engineering, GPA: 4.0
Bilkent University Sept 2011 - June 2016
- B.S. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GPA: 3.63
- Comprehensive (100%) Scholarship
University of Nebraska Lincoln Aug 2014 - Jan 2015
- Exchange Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering
This website is powered by the academicpages template and hosted on GitHub pages.